AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeder – Kalpowar Quarter Horses
Kalpowar Quarter Horses is proud to announce that we have been approved as a Ranching Heritage Breeder by the American Quarter Horse Association Ranching Council. This exciting new program recognizes the ranching heritage of the Quarter Horse. Kalpowar Quarter Horses foals will be eligible for the Ranching Heritage Challenge, a competition to showcase 4-year-old Quarter Horses bred by Ranching Heritage Breeders.
AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders embody the longevity, integrity and honesty of the ranching tradition. AQHA Ranching Heritage Breeders are those that breed and raise the ranch-type horse, which remains at the core of the American Quarter Horse Association and epitomizes the breed’s versatility.
To be recognized as a “Ranching Heritage Breeder” :
- The ranch must be a member of the American Quarter Horse Association.
- Ranch remudas must consist of registered American Quarter Horses.
- The ranch must own a minimum of five AQHA-registered mares used to produce ranch horses.
- The ranch must maintain a remuda for the specific purpose of operating a working cattle ranch.
- The ranch must have received, at minimum, an AQHA 10-year Breeder award.
- The ranch must apply to and be approved by the AQHA Ranching Council